Saturday, February 19, 2011

The New Confederacy-Part 3-By RG Miller


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Friends, Southrons, and Compatriots,

I would like to write today, at the request of a good friend of mine, on a subject that I deem important to all those who read this blog.
This issue, is the modern day Southern Nationalist movement.

First, I shall lay some background.

Southron blood runs deep in my veins, my kin have been here since the late 1600s, and there has not been a legitimate war fought to defend Southern Soil that a relative of mine has not fought in.

If Paul could say he was “a Hebrew of the Hebrews” then I can surely say that I am a ‘Southron of the Southrons, concerning zeal, bringing vengeance upon the Yankees: touching my Scots-Irish heritage, and knowledge and love of the Southern people and cause, unmatched”. I have served my time as an adamant, Southern nationalist since I was 14 years old. I was a dues paying member of the League of the South, have met many of the Southern nationalist leaders personally, and am currently an Arkansas delegate to the Southern National Congress.

Like any good, testosterone induced young Southern nationalist, my goal in life was to climb the Florida (my home state) capitol building, tear down the yankee flag, replace it with the 3rd National flag, and “make my stand” shooting federal troops with my AR-15.
I walked the walk, and talked the talk. Been there, done that, got the ammo boxes to prove it.

However, the Lord in His mercy and Grace refuse to leave me in this state, He regenerated my heart, and instilled in my heart a love for Him that made my love for the South pale in comparison. To use Paul’s word’s, I counted it as loss, and it became as dung compared to the excellency of Christ.

This is in no way to say that 99% of the people in the Southern movement are not God-fearing Christians, who love the Lord. That was not my case however, the South was my idol, and the LoS was my church.

I know that most of the people reading this are Christians, that is why I am writing this, because I desire to see Christ’s church worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Brethren, when I hear talk of the “necessity of Southern secession”, of “fighting and dying for the freedom of our people”, of “the Godly South breaking away from the godless north, and forming a Geneva-like new CSA. When I hear about “unique, distinct Southern culture, that is superior to the northern culture”, I think to my self, no offense intended, ARE THESE PEOPLE INSANE?

Fellow Southrons, I don’t care if the Declaration of Arbroath does support your claim that the Southern people are descended from Israel, I don’t care about your statistics concerning religion and voting results. The South is as ungodly, un-regerate, pagan, anti-Christian a place as the yankee godless Unitarian north. Bible belt Christianity mocks the Holy name of Christ. The majority of Southern preachers preach a false gospel, and the few that preach Christ in truth, are so doctrinally flawed that ecclesiastical collapse is in-evitable in the time of a generation or two.

All this is not even to mention the despicable way in which many Southern professing Christians talk about, and treat, their northern brothers and sisters in Christ. I would rather be with a reformed northern Christian, than a “moral” Bible Belt Southerner. I will not give some pathetic spill about how “America must stay united”, I personally couldn’t care less if America fell tomorrow. However, I will not stand idly by as people slander by brothers and sisters in Christ, because of their place of birth. Am I the only one who smells NT judaizers in this whole deal?

What the world, what “america” (and yes I hate that word as much as you do), and what the South needs is not a free and independent republic of sovereign Southern states. What we need is the gospel. We need the whole counsel of God preached from the pulpits. We need serious, reformed truths to once again take hold of our churches. And more than all this combined, we need a true, spirit induced revival, that will save souls, and bring men under the Lordship of Christ.

I am sorry, but even if the South were to secede tomorrow, and the legislatures embrace “nullification and interposition”, then there would be NO CHANGE TO SPEAK OF. What exists now, is not a godly wonderful Southern people, being persecuted by Washington D.C. and oppressed, that only needs a chance for freedom.

What we have are ungodly wicked people, who live like the devil all week, go to church on Sunday, watch the game afterwards, and base their assurance on a false prayer some well-intentioned preacher walked them through after a scheduled, emotion based “revival” and alter call.

If secession were to happen, we would be in the same place as america, once the momentum from our godly, reformed Presbyterian forbears wore off. This would take maybe one generation, and seeing how bad we are now, maybe less.
So, this all leads to an obvious question. We as servants of the one true God, are called to advance His kingdom on the earth, and “occupy until he comes”. How are we to do this?

I assure you the answer is not secede from the union. The answer is this:
PREACH THE GOSPEL. PREACH THE GOSPEL. PREACH THE GOSPEL.

We have the most beautiful, wonderful, and effective tool for cultural change, and a command by God to use it. He, at His good pleasure, blesses our efforts and uses the means of His children to draw sinners unto Himself. Friends, why do we, and how can we waste our time seeking political salvation???

This is in no way becoming of those called by the name of Christ.

Bring up your covenant children in the ways of God, seek to serve in and grow your Church, and by all means if you are a nomad that has problems with church authority, get serious about the Christian life and find a body of believers to assemble with. Bloody your knees in prayer for your children, your church, your state, your nation. Pray for revival, but not just in the South, pray that the gospel would subdue all people and nations, and cause them to serve Christ! Cry out to the Lord to sanctify you, to make us a Holy people, set apart, redeemed from our sins.

This is how God chooses to effect real change, people.

Christ did not die to liberate us from the yankee invader, he did not die to insure our state sovereignty.

Christ died for His church, emptied the cup of God’s wrath towards them, and rose again the third day and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father. He did this so that we may be free, not from Washington, but from the sins that so easily beset us. We are not commanded to “fight and die for our rights” even if that makes our skin get goose bumps, and makes us get all excited to think about it.
We are commanded to show forth the image of Christ, to worship God and enjoy Him forever, and to preach Christ crucified.

I don’t know about you, fellow Christian, but the Southern cause is DUNG compared to the excellencies of Christ. I do not have the time nor the energy to waste in devotion to something that detracts from the Gospel, rests upon false presuppositions, and will not advance Christ’s kingdom.

I love the Lord too much, and desire to see Him worshipped too much to spend my time arguing the cause for Southern secession, and trying to establish a new CSA.

Anyhow, I hope this does not cause offense, and I love y’all dearly, but I love you too much not to speak these truths. I hope this caused you to think, and re-consider your priorities and focus in life.

For the Crown Rights of King Jesus:


Deo Vindice.
Soli Deo Gloria.
In Christ’s Service,
R.G. Miller

11 comments:

Whiddon Family said...

Hey RG,
I thought your post was great!

Hate you couldn't have been here for the history tour. Maybe next time.

Your sister in Christ,
Nina~

Jansen Reighard said...

Some relative on my grandmas side foght on the Civil War (I think as a confederate. The Reighards (my step grandfather is Reighard) has been here since the 1800's I think. The Marketti's (my grandmother) I think have been here since the 1900's.

Briana Mahoney said...

Whooooo!!!!Hooooo!!!!! RG!!!!!!!!! As one of those people who had the pleasure??? of knowing you in those days when you were a “Southron of the Southrons and had the zeal of bringing vengeance on the Yankees”, I can’t tell you how happy we are to read that post! (Is that really you?!?!). That is such an encouragement! Could we hear your testimony of what brought you to this point?

Katie Mahoney said...

Amazing! Thanks for writing and taking a stand for Christ above the Southern cause. Well written.

Johann said...

RG. All I can say is AMEN! I've been coming to a similar conclusion following a similar path myself. Thanks for the encouragement! I will be sharing this series with some friends of mine.
Mike, thank you for posting this series.
For the Glory of Christ,
A poor failing Southern brother trying to please his Savior.

The Warrior said...

You might want to take a look at my latest blog post....

Greg Frich said...

Master Mike, the ol' Colonel says "Amen!" Semper Fi!

Mike said...

Thanks for the comment Colonel Frich! We look forward to seeing ya'll this Lord's day.

Strength and Honor,
~Mike

Jacob Lingo said...

You are due for a post, bossman.

Mike said...

I know, my bodacious bovinian blogger brother.
I'm still stewing over what I want to rant about next. :P

Anonymous said...

As a northerner now living in the south, I really appreciate this post. I don't look at people as southerner or northerner but rather as saved and unsaved. Some of my dearest friends are natives of the south but they are my close friends because they are fellow believers.
Thanks for an insightful post.

Victoria