Thursday, November 15, 2007

A short review on the A&E Horatio Hornblower series.

The Horatio Hornblower series is about a Englishman who, after the death of his parents, joins the Navy and goes from being a lowly midshipman to Captain of his own ship in the final episode.

Pros.

Good lighting, Good CG, Kinda Historically Accurate, Interesting Storyline and Impressive Naval Combat.

Cons.


Well I think I can sum up the cons with a quote attributed to Churchill,

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, licentiousness, and the lash."

There is a lot of character growth, but not always in a good way.

Oh, and the Irish are the bad guys so this gets a D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dissagre completely. It gets an A++++

Johann Van De Leeuw said...

"Irish are the bad guys so this gets a D." With you there. With thanks to the Lord, I've Irish ancestry too.