Thursday, February 08, 2007

I had an assignment the other day, which included writing an essay on Proverbs 6: 16-19, which is, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

I worked for about an hour on the essay but it just didn't sound right so out of desperation I wrote a poem so I could wind up my schooling for the rest of the day, but Mom liked it so much that she asked me to put it on my blog.

What I have gained by Arguing

I do not like to argue
but this much must I say
I do it on a regular basis
just about everyday

I argue about my room
About Livvy washing my clothes
But in the end all I get
Is a whap across the nose.

My twin sisters don’t like to argue
They just like to tattle tale
But when Emmy gets mad with me
My face turns awful pale

Arguing does not gain you much
If anything, the boot
And afterwards the other persons anger is acute

So I end this little poem
Full of fussing and of strife
To promise to live a less argumentative life.

2 comments:

The Lingo Clan said...

I so enjoyed your poem, especially the moral at the end! Very entertaining! You should write more!

Mrs. Trish Lingo

Mike said...

Thank you Mrs. Lingo!

~Mike