Saturday, November 11, 2006

The early bird catches the worm

Or in this case the short shower paid off.

Yup, I went hunting this morning and shot my first buck.


Here I am with my friend Josh (I was actually in his old deerstand), and ol Betsy (my Mossberg 12 ga.)

Not to be outdone, Josh called a second ago and told me he had shot an 8 pointer (which just happened to have 10 inch tines), but I'm still thankful for my 6 pointer.

Double-ought Buck tends to have a fairly wide spread, so he was hit about seven times, even though I was about 34 yards from him.



Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.


2 comments:

The Lingo Clan said...

Bodacious buck, Man! Y'all need to come back up to Heritage Presbyterian and visit us!

J

Mike said...

Thanks!

We are hoping to come up there on the 31st, hope to see Y'all then.


~Mike